Artsfest on Historic Walnut Street is returning in 2021 on May 1st and 2nd, and the Downtown Springfield Association is in need of volunteers to help with the event.
The DSA is increasing security and safety measures for vendors, artists, and patrons, including:
- Temperature checks for everyone entering Artsfest
- Masking and physical distancing will be required at the outdoor event
- Capacity on the festival footprint will be limited to 2,500 guests per timed entry
- Distance between vendor booths will be a minimum of 6 feet
- Hand sanitizing stations will be placed throughout the festival
- Seating for food vendor areas and stages will be placed 6 feet apart
- Encouraging patrons to purchase tickets in advance for quick entry
The resulting changes are requiring DSA to need more volunteers than usual:
- Extra people at each gate for temperature checks and contact tracing forms.
- Possibly fewer coke stands depending on volunteer levels.
- Brief training to go over festival protocols.
- And of course, you’ll need to wear your mask!
If you are interested in volunteering for Artsfest 2021, visit the DSA website.