by Kaitlyn McConnell, CoxHealth
Many families throughout the region do not have enough diapers for their babies. It’s an unfortunate reality that can lead to health implications for the area’s youngest residents.
Efforts to help with this concern started April 1, with the launch of CoxHealth’s annual Diaper Drive. The drive, now in its eighth year, sends supplies to charities throughout the region, and the community is invited to participate.
“A lack of diapers is something we know many struggle with, especially given the list of expenses families face,” says Melissa Freeman, coordinator of CoxHealth’s Diaper Drive. “This is very tragic given the role diapers play in keeping babies safe and healthy, as well as comfortable. We hope that the donated diapers will make an impact for those who need them most, and help keep babies in our communities well.”
The drive collects diapers for babies in all sizes, as well as cloth and disposable varieties.
Diapers will be given to Diaper Bank of the Ozarks in Springfield, Elevate Branson, Monett Community Kitchen, and the Barton County Health Department. The organizations will then distribute the diapers to local families in need.
Collection boxes will be placed at CoxHealth facilities. Locations include:
- Cox Medical Center South – North, Turner Center, West Pavilion and West Tower entrances
- Cox Medical Center Branson – cafeteria and Plaza One, Suite 401
- Cox Monett Hospital – employee entrances
- CoxHealth at Home in Monett
- Cox Barton County Hospital – Physical Therapy department
- Hulston Cancer Center
- The Meyer Center
- CoxHealth Fitness Center North
- CoxHealth Fitness Center Republic
- Cox College
- Cox Learning Center – South
- Cox Learning Center – North
- Cox North – Outpatient Entrance
- Primrose Building
Drop-offs will be accepted until April 30. For more information, call 417-269-4664.