Springfield Public Schools announced graduation ceremonies at JQH Arena at Missouri State on August 6th and 7th.
On August 6th, three schools will have their ceremonies: Parkview (noon), Hillcrest (4 p.m.), and Glendale (8 p.m.).
August 7th’s ceremonies are: Kickapoo (3 p.m.) and Central (7 p.m.).
SPS along with Missouri State University have created a set of guidelines for the ceremonies with health and safety of all involved as a focus:
- To limit the crowd size and adhere to seating capacity limits, each graduate will be provided up to 8 tickets for guests. Each high school principal will send information by email regarding how and when to pick up tickets.
- Live streaming will be provided during each graduation ceremony to ensure that family and friends, who are unable to attend in person, are able to participate virtually. A DVD and digital download of the ceremony will be available for purchase. DVDs may be purchased for $35 by completing this order form and submitting it by Aug. 14. The digital download may be purchased online for $25.
- Graduates will report to Hammons Student Center, adjacent to the JQH Arena, one hour before commencement, to line-up and receive instructions.
- Graduates will be required to wear a face mask at all times, with only two exceptions: their individual photo and diploma presentation. Springfield Public Schools will provide the mask for each graduate.
- Guests are asked to sit together in family units and are encouraged to wear face masks. Seating will not be assigned; however, some seating will be restricted in order to promote social distancing.
- To reduce personal contact, graduation programs Will NOT be distributed at the event . A keepsake program will be mailed, along with their diploma, to each graduate.
A Project Graduation event will be held at each high school following their commencement in the school gym. The event will last for an hour, and a statement from the district says face masks and social distancing “will be encouraged.”