Starting July 1, you’ll have more time to get your history fix.
Springfield’s History Museum on the Square announced they are expanding hours and adding days through July and August.
The Museum will be open Wednesdays from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Thursdays from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., Friday & Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., and Sunday 1 to 5 p.m..
The museum is also imposing the following safety requirements:
- The Museum will be deep cleaned each morning before opening, have scheduled cleaning throughout the day, and interactive surfaces will be sanitized as needed throughout the day.
- All staff will be required to wear face masks.
- All guests will be asked to wear face masks and use provided hand sanitizer upon entering the Museum.
- The Museum will encourage social distancing with stickers placed on the floor and signs throughout the Museum.
- Interactives within the Museum where social distancing is not possible will be limited to one group at a time and sanitized between groups.
The Museum is working with Springfield-Greene County Health Department officials to make sure they are doing all they can to protect museum guests.
If you have questions, contact the Museum through their website.