The Missouri Department of Transportation is holding a virtual public meeting to discuss potential construction to ease traffic flow near U.S. Highway 60 and Glenstone Avenue in Springfield.
The virtual meeting can be attended at this link.
The project includes several improvements:
- Add lane in Route 60 median in each direction between National Avenue & Route 65
- Consolidate Glenstone and Republic ramps to eastbound Route 60 at Harvard Avenue, remove existing eastbound on ramp near Nature Center Way
- Build roundabout on Glenstone Avenue at intersection with Nature Center Way/Republic Road
- Widen westbound Route 60 off ramp to Glenstone Avenue
- Replace deteriorating pavement on eastbound Route 60 between Glenstone Avenue and Route 65
- All improvements can be made without needing additional property
Expected traffic impacts during construction:
- Nighttime lane closings on U.S. Route 60 and on Glenstone Avenue at times
- Southbound Glenstone Avenue-to-eastbound Route 60 ramp closed for up to 10 days
- Narrowed lanes and traffic shifts on U.S. Route 60 & on Glenstone Avenue at times
The project is estimated to cost taxpayers $22.3 million if construction begins in August or September 2020 and would be completed by October 2021.