The Springfield-Branson Regional Airport has announced effective Thursday, all terminal visitors and employees will be required to wear face coverings as recommended by the CDC and mandated by Springfield City Council.
Airport officials also listed the following actions taken to make the airport as safe as possible for travellers:
- Airport custodial staff is deep cleaning the terminal at all times.
- Hand sanitizing stations located at strategic locations throughout terminal.
- Sneeze guards on airline and rental car counters.
- Social distancing messages on terminal video screens and public address system.
- Social distancing floor markers in terminal.
- TSA staff wearing face covers, gloves, and face shields at the security checkpoint. Staff is cleaning gray bins after every use.
- All airlines require customers to wear face covers on aircraft.
- Airlines are deep cleaning aircraft.
- Gift store has face covers for sale (in case customers forgot to bring one).
- Restaurant workers have their temperature taken every day; face covers at all times; continually cleaning counters.
TSA officials are allowing fliers to bring a liquid hand sanitizer up to 12 ounces in carry-on bags, while other liquids remain at 3.4 ounces.