The Springfield-Greene County Park Board has announced the opening of heat relief areas when the National Weather Service issues a heat advisory for Greene County.
When advisories are issued, like July 1, 2020, the follow locations will be open for people to come in to cool off during their normal business hours:
- Jordan Valley Ice Park, 635 E. Trafficway, 417-866-7444
- Chesterfield Family Center, 2511 W. Republic Rd., 417-891-1616
- Dan Kinney Family Center, 2701 S. Blackman Rd., 417-891-1500
- Doing Family Center, 310 E. Talmage St., 417-837-5900
Hours for the ice park varies, but family centers are open:
- Monday-Friday, 5:30 a.m.-7 p.m.
- Saturday, 8 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Sunday, 11 a.m.-5 p.m.
The centers will have limited capacity because of COVID-19 social distancing requirements and other safety protections. Guests will be required to remain at least six feet apart while inside the facility. Restrooms will be accessible but other facilities will have an admission fee or other fee requirement.
The Ozark Stream and Fountains at Jordan Valley Park are open for people to use to cool off and they are free to use.
Outdoor pools remain closed, but indoor pools at Park Board facilities can be used for $4 for adults and $3 for youth and seniors.
If you need more information, contact the Park Board.