If you’re wanting to have a get together at a Springfield-Greene County Park, the Park Board has some welcome news: rentals are resuming on June 12.
Ten park pavilions will be available across the following parks: Chesterfield, Dan Kinney, Doling, Fassnight, Living Memorial, Phelps Grove, Ritter Springs, Sequiota, Silver Springs and Smith parks. The rentals at those locations were previously canceled because of staffing issues.
The new rentals are added to pavilions already open for rental: Dickerson Park Zoo, Lake Springfield Park (Northwoods Pavilion), and Springfield Botanical Gardens (Nathanael Greene Pavilion and Japanese Garden Pavilion) and the Jordan Valley Park Patio.
Maximum capacity at all pavilions are reduced through July 23rd because of the COVID-19 prevention orders from the City of Springfield.
Most pavilion rentals are $50 an hour for four hours. If you want more information:
- Parks Administration, 417-864-1049, for Dan Kinney, Doling, Fassnight, Living Memorial, Phelps Grove, Ritter Springs, Sequiota, Silver Springs and Smith parks.
- Chesterfield Family Center, 417-891-1616, for Chesterfield Park
- Dickerson Park Zoo, 417-833-1570, for the Dickerson Park Zoo Pavilion
- Lake Springfield Boathouse, 417-891-1550, for the Lake Springfield Northwoods Pavilion
- Springfield Botanical Gardens at Nathanael Greene-Close Memorial Park, 417-891-1515, for the Nathanael Greene Pavilion and Japanese Garden Pavilion
- Jordan Valley Park, 417-874-2942, for the Jordan Valley Park Patio
All pavilion users are urged to keep social distancing requirements and bring their own water bottles.