CoxHealth announced a major donation to their foundation’s COVID-19 Emergency Relief Fund.
Simmons Bank donated $17,500 to the fund designed to help local, vulnerable patients and front-line workers impacted by the coronavirus.
“Community is what Simmons Bank is all about, just like CoxHealth,” Doug Parker, regional community bank president of Simmons Bank, said in a statement. “It is a privilege to be able to support families during a time of need.”
The fund is used for:
- Ventilators and other essential medical supplies for patient care
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) for medical professionals
- Medications for at-risk seniors who are in social isolation
- Need-based financial assistance for patients impacted by COVID-19
- Communication tools for hospitalized patients in isolation
- Construction of emergency care structures
“We are honored to receive this gift from another local leader who is committed to keeping our community healthy,” Lisa Alexander, president of the CoxHealth Foundation, said in a statement. “This gift continues the efforts to ensure CoxHealth has the PPE, equipment and resources necessary to continue to battle the coronavirus.”