Missouri State University announced six new members of the Wall of Fame.
The 2020 induction class will be honored at an induction ceremony held as part of the homecoming festivities this fall.
The six inductees in the class of 2020 are:
- Dr. Michael Carlie (Aug. 18, 1986–July 31, 2010) established the criminal justice program. With his energy and expertise, he encouraged students to challenge themselves and their beliefs. His thorough exploration of gang and criminal activity resulted in numerous publications and awards.
- Karen Horny (Aug. 1, 1995–June 30, 2009) expanded Meyer Library’s archives and special collections. With a focus on improving student access, she advocated for greater state and federal funding, and helped develop MOBIUS, a statewide library consortium.
- Paul Kincaid (July 11, 1986–Sept. 30, 2014) championed new strategic plans and worked with the state legislature as the university adopted the public affairs mission and navigated the name change. His work ethic made him an integral part of moving Missouri State forward.
- Marcia Morriset (June 22, 1964–July 23, 1968 and Aug. 2, 1982–June 30, 2010) served Honors College students. She fashioned every facet of their college experience, including curriculum, the opening of Scholars House and the launch of LOGOS.
- Dr. Howard Orms (Sept. 1, 1966–July 31, 1993) was a true leader in theatre. After mastering the craft, he elevated Missouri State’s theatre program to top tier status. Known for seeing something special in each student, he even inspired and mentored award-winning actor John Goodman.
- Judith “Judi” Smith (Aug. 25, 1986–March 31, 2005) helped create scholarships for students. Industrious and gifted at making connections, she increased membership of the Founder’s Club, enhanced the Alumni Association and provided knowledgeable leadership in two successful capital campaigns.
Combined, the honorees have contributed almost 145 years of experience to Missouri State.
The honorees are nominated by current or former members of the University, the former staff or faculty member must:
- Significantly contributed to the success and positive collegiate experience of students.
- Worked full time at Missouri State for at least 10 years.
- Stopped working full time at MSU for the past five years.
The induction ceremony will take place on October 16, 2020, at 4 p.m. outside the Plaster Student Union Ballroom.