Victory Mission is looking for the public’s help in their efforts to provide meals to the community during the COVID-19 Stay at Home lockdown.
The Mission is in need of $15,000 to meet all the needs for people connected to their food programs during the lockdown. The Mission is providing groceries for up to 500 families weekly, along with 400 meals a day to those in their shelter, and lunches for the children of healthcare workers being cared for at The Discovery Center.
Victory Mission is asking the community for donations of specific items:
- · Pasta + Pasta Sauce
- · Plastic bowls and cutlery
- · Bread
- · Meat
- · Shelf-stable individually-wrapped sides (chips, fruit cups, etc.)
- · Individual non-alcoholic drinks (juice/water/tea/sports drinks)
- · Paper goods (plates, cups, napkins)
- · Lunch sacks
- · Napkins
- · Cellophane
- · To-go containers
- · Travel-sized hygiene items
They are also asking area residents to consider a financial donation to help in the feeding programs. Donations can be made through the Victory Mission’s coronavirus response website.