CoxHealth announced Thursday they will be expanding virtual access to primary care and specialty doctors during the COVID-19 outbreak.
The expansion of the current Virtual Visits offering from the healthcare system is anticipated to continue after the outbreak is brought under control.
A press release from CoxHealth outlined how they hope patients will utilize the expanded Virtual Visits system:
- Chronic disease management including for diabetes, hypertension, COPD, asthma, acid reflux and thyroid disease
- Acute care, including back pain, allergies, URI, UTI, sore throat and gastroenteritis
- Mental health, including depressions, ADHD, anxiety and PTSD
- New patient visits for chronic and acute illness
- A variety of wellness exams
- Referrals to specialty providers
CoxHealth officials are encouraging current patients to either log on to the Virtual Visit website to find out how they can best access the program or call their primary care provider’s office. New patients should call 269-INFO to be referred to a provider.