Local children’s charity Care to Learn is holding a special “virtual fundraiser” Friday on Facebook.
The event, hosted by Emmy-award winning local late night talk show host Jeff Houghton, will run from noon to 6:30 p.m. Friday.
At the top of every hour, there will be a series of interviews with people who are directly connected to Care to Learn or who are major supporters of the charity.
The interview schedule is:
- 12:00 PM Doug Pitt, Philanthropist and Founder of Care to Learn
- 1:00 PM Annie Zimmerman, Liaison Care to Learn – Nixa
- 2:00 PM Dr. John Jungmann, Superintendent of Springfield Public Schools
- 3:00 PM Christian Mechlin, Executive Director Care to Learn
- 4:00 PM Representative Crystal Quade, Missouri House Minority Leader
- 5:00 PM Dr. Jason Sefrit, Superintendent City of St. Charles School District
- 6:00 PM Doug Pitt, Philanthropist and Founder of Care to Learn
The charity hopes to raise $10,000. Each donation will be matched by sponsors Great Southern Bank and Pitt Technology Group.