The Springfield Greene County Health Department announced that two more residents of the Morningside of Springfield East assisted care facility have died from COVID-19.
The two patients were women, one in her 70s, one in her 90s. Three of the four cases from Morningside East have died.
SGCHD Director Clay Goddard also said that an 18th case has been confirmed in Greene County. The 18th case is related to domestic travel to an impacted area. Goddard said because of the actions of that person since returning, they need to issue a public warning.
Goddard said this is may not be a complete list, and will update if there is more information that needs to be released to the public.
On Sunday March 15, the patient:
- Ate dinner at Black Sheep Burger and Shakes in downtown Springfield
- Attended a performance at the Blue Room Comedy Club
On Monday, March 16, the patient:
- Ate lunch at Cesar’s Old Mexico at Sunshine and
- Shopped at the Walmart Neighborhood Market on Sunshine near Sam’s Club around 2 p.m.
On Tuesday, March 17, the patient:
- Shopped at the Walmart Neighborhood Market on Glenstone around 10 a.m.
Goddard said anyone in those locations should monitor themselves for symptoms, and contact their healthcare provider or Springfield-Greene County Health Department if they have questions.
Goddard provided what he called “some good news”. Third previous case of COVID-19 is no longer ill and has been cleared by doctors.