The Springfield-Greene County Park Board has announced a number of cancellations due to the restrictions suggested in the wake of the coronavirus outbreak.
The cancellations were announced when the Health Department suggested limiting gatherings to no more than 250 people; that recommendation is now 50 people or less.
The cancelled events include:
- March 14-21: SPARC Volleyball league games and practices.
- March 14-15: USTA Adult Tennis Tournament at Cooper Tennis Complex.
- March 16-20: National Homeschool Basketball Tournament, multiple locations.
- March 16-27: SeniorAge programs at Northview Center, including hot meal service and tax preparation assistance. Meal pickup options may be available, contact SeniorAge for details. Other programs at Northview Center will proceed as planned, including Accessible Recreation.
- March 20-22: Missouri Winter Games Pickleball Tournament at Cooper Tennis Complex.
- March 21: Soccerthon at Lake Country Soccer.
- March 21-22: Orchid Show and Sale at Springfield-Greene County Botanical Center.
- March 29: Neighborhood Kickball Tournament at Meador Park.
As of Sunday evening, parks, trails, family centers, sports complexes, and facilities will remain open during normal hours.
The SPARC Spring Break Camp before and after school care programs are also proceeding because the Park Board sees the programs as “essential childcare services, necessary for parents who work.”
SPARC staff are taking extra precautions for the safety of children and staff.