The 2020 BKD Southwest Missouri Nonprofit Excellence Awards were given out Tuesday night at the Oasis Inn & Convention Center.
The awards are given annual to honor individuals and groups that are providing outstanding service to the community. The winners were chosen by a panel of judges after receiving over 100 nominations from across the community.
“It is a joy for us to host this event, providing an evening to shine the light on our community’s wonderful nonprofit organizations and their dedicated members,” BKD Senior Managing Consultant Dan Prater said in a statement.
- KY3 Public Awareness Award: Least of These, Inc. Christian County Food Pantry
- Revel with a Cause Award: Consumer Credit Counseling Services of Springfield
- Startup Organization of the Year: Ujima Language and Literacy
- Emerging Leader of the Year: Sunni Nutt, Harmony House
- Arvest Bank Communitarian Corporate Citizenship Award: T-Mobile
- Board Member of the Year: Doug Neff, Boys & Girls Clubs of Springfield
- Executive Director of the Year: Laura Farmer, CASA of Southwest Missouri
- Nonprofit Organization of the Year (small): CASA of Southwest Missouri
- Nonprofit Organization of the Year (medium): Boys & Girls Clubs of Springfield
- Nonprofit Organization of the Year (large): Ozarks Food Harvest
All winners received trophies and monetary donations thanks to the event sponsors.