Ozark Junior High’s Speech & Debate Team hosted a tournament on February 29th with the team bringing home an individual first place win along with a strong team showing.
The team finished second out of 10 teams in the event. The team was promoted by a first place win by seventh grader Cammie Dykes in the Children’s Storytelling category.
Here are the seventh and eighth grade students who made the finals:
- Max Hunt – Original Oratory
- Max Hunt and Adam Lupton – Improvised Duet Acting
- Adam Lupton – Second place in Informative Speaking
- Bradon Warren – Storytelling
- Eian McCracken and Kason Nelson – Improvised Duet Acting; Second place in Duo Interpretation
- Cammie Dykes – First place in Children’s Storytelling
- Bailey Cushing – Radio Speaking
- Julia Mills – Second in Original Oratory
- Julia Mills and Ashlynn Campbell – Third in Duo Interp
- Ashlynn Campbell – Poetry
- Kyra Wheeler – Prose
- Paige Adams – Humorous Interpretation; Children’s Storytelling
- Madi Beaman, Mikayla White, Allie Ames and Paige Adams – Second place in Lip Sync