The Nixa Chamber of Commerce has honored several area businesses with the “Nixie” award.
The “Nixies” were held January 17 at Greenhouse Two Rivers in Highlandville.
The winners of the Nixie awards for 2019 are:
- Small Business of the Year Sponsored by City of Nixa -Insight Design Architects
- Large Business of the Year – Air Services Heating and Cooling/All Services Professional Plumbing
- Volunteer of the Year – Christine Ferguson of Xtreme Exteriors
- Ambassador of the Year – Delores Albers of Delores Albers Photography
- Individual Member of the Year – Summer Lampe of Xtreme Exteriors
The Chamber has one other award they will be giving, the lifetime achievement award, but that will not be announced until a Chamber luncheon on February 11.
Nominations for the award were submitted by chamber members and then a committee of board members selects the winners.
“It is a personal honor to serve the Nixa community,” Chris Russell CEO of the Nixa Chamber said in a statement. “We value the diversity of partnerships here at the Nixa Chamber and feel they impact Nixa at a high level. We started 2019 with 415 members and completed the year with 477, adding 105 new members. We increased our 2020 operating budget to over $400k which is nearly double 2018. We have some exciting things planned for 2020 and beyond.”