The Missouri State Highway Patrol Troop D has announced the beginning of their annual Corporal John A. “Jay” Sampietro Jr. Toy Drive.
The drive, now in its 13th year, is in memory of Corporal Sanpietro, who died in the line of duty in 2005. The drive will begin on Friday and continue through Wednesday, December 18.
“This toy drive has proven to be a great way to honor Cpl. Sampietro’s memory,” Captain John Enderle, commanding officer of Troop D, said in a statement. “The Patrol is honored to participate and to bring a little bit of joy and happiness to sick children who are in the hospital during the Christmas holidays.”
The Patrol is accepting donations at the following locations:
- Cox South, West Tower Entrance ― 3801 S. National Ave, Springfield, MO
- Ferrell-Duncan Clinic ― 1001 E. Primrose St., Springfield, MO
- Meyer Orthopedic and Rehab Hospital ― 3535 S. National Avenue, Springfield, MO
- Murphy-Hoffman Company ― 3301 E. Kearney Street, Springfield, MO
- MSHP Troop D Headquarters ― 3131 E. Kearney Street, Springfield, MO
- Springfield Krispy Kreme Doughnuts ― 3860 S. Campbell Avenue, Springfield, MO
All of the collected toys will be delivered by Patrol troopers to the Pediatric Unit at Cox Health on December 19.
The Patrol is asking for coloring/activity books, board games, Hot Wheels, action figures, age appropriate DVD movies, small handheld electronic games, Legos, art supplies, blocks, and infant toys.
If you need more information, contact Racheal Adegboyega.