A group of students from Springfield’s Central High School had their student films shown in New York’s Times Square as part of a film festival.
The 17 student’s films were shown at the AMC Theatre in Times Square. The showing was presented by IFC Films as part of the 2019 All American High School Film Festival.
Six students were finalists at the festival in different categories:
- Zoe Hamilton (Top 6 in broadcast package & Top 9 in Micro Film)
- Katie Saiko (Top 6 in broadcast package)
- Alex Sharp (Top 9 in Micro Film)
- Joseph Tetlow (Top 9 in Micro Film)
- Sai Vuda (Top 2 in Vlog)
- Abbie Weiler (Top 2 in Vlog)
The students accepted to the festival are: Emma Brown, Elijah Conaway, Zoe Hamilton, Gladis Hernandez, Addie Pearman, Kennasyn Ray, Katie Saiko, Alex Sharp, Joseph Tetlow, Ashlyn Vauble, Sai Vuda and Abbie Weiler.
Five graduates of Central who are now attending college were part of the festival as well: Kayla Helms, Michael Lee, Mariah Oke-Thomas, Kaylee Sun and Nic Wiley.