Registration for artists is now open for one of the largest Spring events in Springfield.
ArtsFest 2020 will take place on Saturday May 2nd and Sunday May 3rd.
The event will feature more than $5,000 in cash prizes including $1,000 given to the Best of Show. Best of show 2D and 3D categories will also be given $500 prizes. A $500 prize will be given to the People’s Choice award winner.
The show will also give up to 15 Awards of Excellence with a $200 prize.
If you want to apply for the show, you will need to submit 5 images, including a booth shot, and a $30 jury fee. A maximum of 3 applications can be submitted for ArtsFest.
The rules of the event are:
- All work must be designed and executed by the accepted artist.
- No work from commercially available molds, kits or patterns.
- No imports or buy/sell.
- All artists must be present throughout the two-day festival. No agents, reps or dealers. A photo ID may be required at festival check-in.
- All artists must have a City of Springfield retail license and State of MO tax identification number. Additional licensing information will be made available upon acceptance to Artsfest.
- It is the artist’s responsibility to collect and report sales tax.
- Artists need to provide their own display, including a tent or canopy.
- Remember, the show goes on rain or shine, so be prepared. Artists are responsible for proper insurance of their artwork and display. Artsfest will not be responsible for damage to work or displays due to weather or other incidents.
- Giclees of original work on display may be exhibited in non-prominent place in booth unframed. They may be shrink-wrapped and must be clearly marked as reproductions.
- No refunds for booth fees will be given after March 2, 2020.
The deadline to apply is midnight, January 22, 2020.