Juniors and Seniors at Nixa High School will be participating in “Awareness Day” on Friday, with the opportunity to learn about a variety of issues from area experts.
The programs will take place during the student’s usual morning class times of 8 a.m. to 11 a.m..
Some of the topics that students will be able to learn about include:
- Dangers of Vaping (Keynote Speaker) James Brawner from Cox Health
- Importance of Sleep: Mercy Sleep Center
- Healthy Relationships: The Victim Center
- Dangers of Substance Abuse: Alternatives Counseling
- Mental Health and Wellness: Burrell Behavioral Center, Nixa School Psychologist Amanda Ford
- Comprehensive Health: Ryan Widel
- The Benefits of Therapy Dogs in School Counseling: Nancy Doubrava and Tina Russell (Nixa School Counselors)