by Drew Douglas
Are you designing a construction or landscaping project? Are you planning an event?
Want to make your facility safer and eliminate opportunities for crime to occur at your location?
If any of these applies to you, please consider calling the Nixa Police Department to get a FREE consultation from our crime prevention expert.
Our crime prevention expert, Officer Brent Forgey, is nationally certified in Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design (CPTED) through the National Institute of Crime Prevention.
Officer Forgey can provide training in CPTED principles as well as site reviews or plan reviews to identify opportunities to improve safety and crime prevention.
Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design (CPTED) is defined as the proper and effective use of the built environment that can lead to:
- A reduction in crime
- A reduction in the fear of crime
- An improvement in the quality of life
The CPTED recommended best practices are backed by research and include:
- Access control
- Visibility and surveillance
- And other elements of security
The best time to seek consultation regarding CPTED is:
- When designing a structure, space, or landscape
- When you want to make improvements to an existing facility
- When you are planning an event