The Greene County Democrats are hosting a town hall about Missouri Public Teacher Retirement on Wednesday, September 25, at the Library Center on South Campbell in Springfield. The event begins at 6:30 p.m. and is schedule to run until 8 p.m..
The event will discuss how public school retirement is legislated in Missouri. A panel discussion will explain the Missouri Public School Retirement System and what it means to have a “guaranteed retirement plan.”
The panel will consist of:
- Steve Yoakum, PSRS Executive Director
- Maria Walden, PSRS Legislative Director
- Jim Kreider, MRTA Executive Director
- Matt Michelson, MSTA Government Relations Manager
- Regina Cooper, MNEA Southwest MO UniServ Director
The event is free and open to the public, with special invitation to any active or retired teachers that are part of the PSRS.
For more information, contact Greene County Democrats.