Missouri State University has announced they are celebrating Latinx Heritage Month during September.
The University is hosting a number of events to “immerse yourself” in the Latinx culture.
“This is a month to celebrate the richness of the Latinx culture, especially here in the States,” Yvania Garcia-Pusateri, former executive director of multicultural programs, said in a statement. “Our goal is to spread awareness to students, staff, faculty and the greater community in Springfield.”
- Thursday September 5: “From Appropriation to Appreciation: Caribbean Music and Dance” at the MRC Annex from 3:30 to 5 p.m.
- Tuesday September 10: “From Appropriation to Appreciation: Catrinas and Dia de los Muertos” at the MRC Annex from 3:30 to 5 p.m.
- Tuesday September 10: “SAC Presents: Latinx Heritage Month Keynote Address” at the PSU Theater at 7 p.m..
- Monday September 16th: “”From Appropriation to Appreciation: Capoeira” at the MRC Annex from 1 to 2:30 p.m..
- Saturday September 21st: Latinx Heritage Month Banquet, 5:30 to 7 p.m. in the PSU Grand Ballroom
- Thursday September 26th: Latinx Student, Faculty, and Staff Networking Reception, 5:30 to 7 p.m. in the MSU Welcome Center