by Springfield Cardinals Media Relations
The Frisco RoughRiders (31-31; 64-67) topped the Springfield Cardinals (28-35, 58-75) 10-7 in 10 innings on Monday night in the first of a four-game series at Hammons Field.
W: RHP Yoel Espinal (3-4)
L: RHP Roel Ramirez (5-3)
S: RHP Jacob Lemoine (4)
MOMENTS THAT MATTERED:
– After the Cardinals scored four runs in the bottom of the eighth to take a 7-5 lead, Frisco tied things in the ninth off a Tony Sanchez sacrifice fly that brought in Andretty Cordero and a Brendon Davis RBI single, scoring Charles Leblanc.
– Frisco pushed three more runs across in the top of the 10th with only one coming on a batted ball–Cordero’s RBI single. Ryan Dorow put the RoughRiders ahead for good 8-7 when he scored on Michael De Leon’s strikeout-passed ball. De Leon reached on the play. Juremi Profar cemented the 10-7 final by scampering home on another passed ball.
– Cardinals C Brian O’Keefe was hit in the helmet on a 3-2 pitch with the bases loaded in the eighth, bringing in Johan Mieses and cutting Frisco’s lead to 5-4. The Cardinals took a 6-5 lead on a two-RBI single by 1B Juan Yepez. O’Keefe later scored on a groundout by SS Kramer Robertson, putting Springfield up 7-5.
– Rehabbing St. Louis Cardinals OF Jose Martinez led Springfield with two RBIs, finishing his night 1-for-3 with a double. Fellow rehabbing OF Tyler O’Neill also doubled, scoring a run.
– LHP Austin Gomber opened for Springfield, tossing a scoreless first inning before handing things off to LHP Evan Kruczynski.
– Outside of a four-run fourth, Kruczynski was strong for Springfield. The lefty allowed five runs on five hits and zero walks over 7.0 innings, striking out five.