The Springfield Cardinals are wanting to make sure students hit a home run on their first day back to school.
The team is collecting new and unused school supplies to give to the Foundation for Springfield Public Schools. Any fans that bring donations to Hammons Field will be able to get a discounted $1 ticket to the team’s home game on Tuesday, July 30.
The team said right now the following items are the most needed:
- – 24-count Crayola crayons
- – 12-count Crayola washable markers
- – Wide-ruled composition books
- – Wide-ruled spiral notebooks
- – 12-count Crayola colored pencils
- – Expo dry erase markers, black
Fans can bring items to the team in advance of game night. Drop off collected items at the Cardinals Front Office at Hammons Field from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
The Tuesday game is also $1 hot dog day. First pitch is 6:30 p.m. with gates opening an hour earlier.
For more information, call the Cardinals Front Office at 417-863-0395.