The Springfield-Greene County Park Board has announced extended pool hours and the opening of “cooling centers” while the National Weather Service has the area under a heat advisory.
The park board says they will keep at least one neighborhood pool open later during the advisory:
- Wednesday July 17, Westport Pool, 3100 W. Mt. Vernon Ave., open until 8 p.m.
- Thursday July 18, Silver Springs Pool, 1100 N. Hampton Ave., open until 8 p.m.
- Friday, July 19, Grant Beach, 1300 N. Grant Ave., Westport, and Silver Springs pools open until 8 p.m.
- Saturday, July 20, Grant Beach, Westport, Silver Springs and Meador Pool, 2500 S. Fremont Ave., open until 8 p.m.; Fassnight Pool, 1300 S. Campbell Ave., open until 10 p.m.
Admission to the pool is $2.50 for youth and seniors, $3 for adults from 1 to 5:30 p.m. After 5:30 p.m., admission is $1 if you bring a canned food item to donate to Ozarks Food Harvest.
The park board’s family centers, along with Jordan Valley Ice Park, are opening their lobbies as “cooling centers” during the heat advisories. The lobbies have seating, bathrooms, and air conditioning.
The hours for the neighborhood cooling centers are 5 a.m. to 10 p.m. Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. Saturday and 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday. The centers are:
- Chesterfield Family Center, 2511 W. Republic Road
- Dan Kinney Family Center, 2701 S. Blackman Road
- Doling Family Center, 301 E. Talmage Ave.
Jordan Valley Ice Park hours may vary, but are usually 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. daily. The Ice Park is at 735 E. Trafficway.
For more information, contact the Springfield-Greene County Park Board at 417-864-1049.