The project that will expand U.S. 160 between I-44 and Willard is beginning this week.
Road crews will be installing erosion control devices at multiple locations along the construction route, clearing trees that will interfere with construction and prepare the roadside for equipment.
No lane closings are expected as part of this phase of the construction process but in the event one is necessary it could add 15 minutes to a driver’s travel through the area. Weather or construction delays can alter this schedule as well. Even without the closure of lanes, workers will be close to traffic and drivers are asked to pay extra attention.
Overall, the project will include:
- Widen Route 160 to four lanes between I-44 in Springfield and Jackson Street in Willard
- Resurface the existing lanes of Route 160 between I-44 in Springfield and Route AB in Willard
- Traffic barrier wall between lanes in areas
- Street lighting at intersections
- J-turn at Farm Road 123/Westgate Avenue
- Right-in/Right-out at Haseltine Road (Farm Road 115)
- Roundabout at Farm Road 94 near quarry
- Add left-turn lane at Hughes Road
- Roundabout at Farm Road 103/Melville Road/Hunt Road
- Roundabout at Jackson Street
- Add turn lanes at Greene County Route AB
- Add a pedestrian underpass at Hunt Road