Five Ozarks Technical Community College students won gold medals at the 2019 SkillsUSA Championships.
The event was held the last week of June in Louisville, Kentucky. More than 6,400 students competed in 103 different trade, technical and leadership competitions.
The five gold medal winning students are:
- Dylan Buehler, Computer Programming
- Chase Elliott & Robert “Bo” Shore, Digital Cinema Production
- Carissa Hurt & Ryan Mackey, Web Design
OTC also had multiple other students finish in the Top 10 in their respective competitions.
Finishing 6th in their competitions were:
- Abby Mitchell, Advertising Design
- Adam Fields, Automotive Service Technology
- Thomas France, Kylea James, Deacon Williams, Broadcast News Production
Finishing 7th were:
- Mehala Keller, Prepared Speech
- Sarah Cornell & Cody Friend, Audio/Radio Production
- Devil Gieselman, Automotive Refinishing Technology
In all, 14 of 18 OTC students who qualified for the national competition placed within the top 10.