The final phase of the 65 Highway rebuild is scheduled to take place starting in August and MoDOT wants to talk about it.
A public meeting to discuss the rebuilding plans between Sunshine and U.S. 60 will be taking place on Thursday, June 20, at the Springfield Fire Station at 2455 South Blackman Road.
The $8.1 million project is scheduled to rebuild shoulders, install new guardrails, replace lanes and one interchange ramp.
According to MoDOT, the following impacts could be had on traffic during the project:
- Route 65 closed in one direction or another in short sections between interchanges between Sunshine Street and Route 60
- Interchange ramps closed in areas including the eastbound Route 60-to-northbound Route 65 ramp
- Route 65 closings will last up to 32 calendar days
- Signed detours in place
- Temporary traffic signal installed at Battlefield Road and Blackman Road and at intersection of Route 125 and Greene County Route D
- Increased traffic expected on East Sunshine Street, East Battlefield Road, and South Glenstone Avenue in Springfield
- Route 65 CLOSINGS: August 4-August 20 and September 6-20
The public meeting will take place from 4:30 to 6 p.m. and is a “come and go” style with no formal presentation.