Springfield Regional Arts Council, in partnership with Community Foundation of the Ozarks and the Musgrave Foundation, have given out $39,000 in grants for a variety of projects.
The grant funds are intended to support the “goals of the Springfield Cultural Plan” according to a press release.
“The SRAC Grantmaking Committee was faced with an outstanding number of applications this year,” Leslie Forrester, SRAC Executive Director, said in the release. “We received 23 applications totaling over $97,000 with $39,000 to distribute.”
Here are the recipients of the grants:
- Downtown Springfield Community Cinema (Moxie Cinema): $5,000 for Exploring Visual Literacy Field Trips
- Drury University: $1,525 for Beyond New Works: New Plays, Theatre Communities, and Professional Networks
- Friends of Abilities First: $4,000 for Arts for All
- Hlabeard Productions: $5,000 for the SATO48 Community Feedback for Filmmakers App – Phase 2
- Mt. Vernon Community Betterment Council: $500 Let Us Tell You A Story project
- Plotline: $3,180 for at 2-Week Filmmaking Camp at Robberson Elementary
- Queen City Rock Camp: $3,000 for the Queen City Rock Camp 2019 Season
- Queen City Voices: $1,500 for Christmas 2019 and Spring 2019 Concerts
- Sculpture Walk Springfield: $5,000 for the Sculpture Walls Springfield project
- Springfield R-12 Public School District: $2,500 for the Springfield Regional Arts Integration Conference
- Springfield Regional Opera: $5,000 for the Springfield Regional Opera 2019-2020 Season
- Taneycomo Festival Orchestra: $2,795 for the Taneycomo Festival Orchestra New Audience