Developmental Center of the Ozarks held the First Annual Taco de SOMO competition Saturday evening at Farmer’s Park with hundreds braving the rain and cold to try a variety of tacos and other related food and drink.
DCO has announced the winners of the competition:
- People’s Choice Taco Winner: Not’cho Ordinary Taco (surf and turf)
- People’s Choice Margarita Winner: Krave Seafood & Oyster Bar (whiskey spiked margarita)
- Judges Traditional Taco First Place: Iguana Roja Restaurante (chicken slaw)
- Judges Traditional Taco Second Place: Los Cabos Mexican Grill Springfield
- Judges Rogue Taco First Place: Progress (pork and jalepeno slaw)
- Judges Rogue Taco Second Place: Tinga Tacos (alligator)
- Judges Margarita First Place: Whiskey Tango (watermelon ginger)
- Judges Margarita Second Place: Iguana Roja Restaurante
- Best Booth: Mexican Villa Restaurants
Developmental Center of the Ozarks began in 1954 as the United Cerebral Palsy Center for Southwest Missouri and then in the 1980s became DCO to reflect the wide range of those with developmental disabilities who were being served by the organization.
They provide a range of services from therapy and early child care & education to an adult day care and employment services.
The organization is always looking for volunteers to help with various events. Contact DCO through their website if you would like more information.