If you have a student who is participating in theater in their school or other organization and they’re interested in taking their craft to the next level, Springfield Little Theatre is hosting a week long Acting Intensive workshop.
The workshop is open to junior high, high school and college age students who have previous theater experience. The Intensive runs from Monday June 17th through Thursday June 21st from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.. Minimum age for the event is 12-years-old.
According to SLT’s Facebook page, the Acting Intensive will include:
• Text Analysis: to comprehend the material being acted
• Acting Technique: a laboratory to explore the basic concepts of acting introduced at the Summer Conservatory
• Voice and Speech: to improve vocal production, articulation, and interpretive skills
• Games: to develop imagination and spontaneous self-expression
• Movement: to strengthen the body and encourage its use in creative expression
• Scene Study: to understand how the elements above come together to create a solid foundation in contemporary plays
Tuition is $175 a day with discounts available for multiple siblings, or current/incoming SLT Pre-Professional Track students. Two snacks a day are provided to the attendees.
For more information or to register, contact Springfield Little Theatre.