A Springfield institution has announced a colorful lineup for their 85th year of providing the Ozarks with top flight theatre entertainment.
Springfield Little Theatre announced their 85th season will begin with the kaleidoscope of colors in Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. The musical is noted for being one of the few sung-through Broadway musicals, meaning there is extremely few lines in the production that are not sung as part of a song. The show will run September 13-29, 2019.
Springfield legend Kim Crosby will be gracing the Landers stage in February as she will lead a production of the Tony Award winning show Hello, Dolly! That show will run February 7-23, 2020.
Also, in what’s rare in theater productions, a “greatest hits” style show is also on the menu for SLT with “Deep in the Heart of Tuna”. This production takes the best scenes from two of the “Tuna” series of plays, Greater Tuna and A Tuna Christmas.
Patron tickets for the 85th Anniversary Season go on sale June 10, Flex Pass packages June 24 and individual show tickets on July 8. More information is available on the Springfield Little Theatre website.
Here’s the full rundown of Springfield Little Theatre’s 85th season:
- Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, September 13-29, 2019
- Little House on the Prairie, October 25-November 10, 2019
- Frozen, Jr., December 5-15, 2019
- Hello, Dolly! featuring Kim Crosby, February 7-23, 2020
- Matilda the Musical, March 27-April 11, 2020
- Deep in the Heart of Tuna, May 8-17, 2020
- Kinky Boots, June 12-28, 2020