by Springfield Cardinals Press Office
A two-run home run in the top of the ninth inning broke a 2-2 tie and gave the Springfield Cardinals (6-14) their second straight loss, losing 4-2 to the Amarillo Sod Poodles (9-11) on Wednesday at Hammons Field in front of 4,803 fans.
W: LHP Travis Radke(1-0)
L: RHP Seth Elledge (1-1)
S: RHP Blake Rogers (1)
MOMENTS THAT MATTERED:
– The Cardinals entered the ninth inning in a 2-2 tie after tying the game in the sixth, but a one-out single from Sod Poodles C Luis Torrens was followed by a two-run homer by 3B Hudson Potts off of Elledge. The Cardinals went down 1-2-3 in the bottom of the ninth.
– CF Dylan Carlson’s fourth home run of 2019 tied the game 2-2 in the sixth after Amarillo broke a 0-0 tie with a two-run fourth off Cardinals starter Austin Warner.
– Warner tossed 6.0 strong innings in his fourth start of the season, striking out five and allowing just five hits and two runs.
– Sod Poodles relievers shut down Springfield bats for the second straight game, throwing 3.0 scoreless innings today after 5.0 scoreless frames on Tuesday night.
– The only Cardinals hit from a position player was Carlson’s two-run homer in the sixth. The team’s only other hit was a Warner single.
– Rehabbing St. Louis Cardinals OF Tyler O’Neill finished the day 0-for-4.
– Rehabbing St. Louis Cardinals RHP Luke Gregerson threw a scoreless seventh inning, striking out two.