by Springfield Cardinals Media Office
The Springfield Cardinals (5-9) closed out a 5-2 homestand with a 10-7 loss to the Tulsa Drillers (7-6) on Wednesday afternoon in front of 5,501 fans at Hammons Field.
W: RHP Parker Curry (1-0)
L: RHP Casey Meisner (0-1)
S: RHP Luis Vasquez (2)
MOMENTS THAT MATTERED:
– The Drillers took the lead for good on a Cody Thomas solo home run in the top of the fourth that came just over an inning after the Cardinals battled back from a 3-0 deficit to briefly tie the game 3-3 in the bottom of the second.
– Tulsa scored at least a run in six of the game’s first seven innings.
– A three-run home run by Cody Thomas pushed Tulsa’s 7-3 lead to 10-3 in the seventh. Those three runs proved to be the difference after a four-run Cardinals rally in the eighth cemented the 10-7 final score.
– Thomas finished 4-for-4 with three home runs and five RBIs out of the eight-spot in the Drillers lineup.
– Cardinals RF Shane Billings connected on his first home run of the season in his first game of 2019. Billings finished 2-for-3 with three RBIs.
– CF Scott Hurst powered his first career Double-A homer to center in the second, a two-run shot that scored Elehuris Montero and tied the game 3-3.
– Springfield and Tulsa combined for nine home runs and 26 hits.