From City of Branson Press Release
The Branson Public Works Department will conduct its annual Spring Cleanup beginning Monday, April 8 through Thursday, April 11, to help residents properly dispose of large unwanted items at no cost. This is a semi-annual event which is part of an ongoing effort to keep Branson beautiful.
The cleanup service is available for individual residents of Branson, but not for businesses or commercial entities. This provides residents that live on City maintained streets, the opportunity to get rid of large, unwanted and difficult to manage items like old appliances, furniture and mattresses that are not typically picked up by residential trash haulers.
The pick-up dates are as follows:
- Ward 1 – Monday, April 8
- Ward 2 – Tuesday, April 9
- Ward 3 – Wednesday, April 10
- Brush and limb pickup for ALL WARDS starts Thursday, April 11 and will take several days to complete.
If a resident is unsure of their ward residence, they should refer to where they voted in the most recent election. If you voted at the Community Center on Compton Drive, you are in Ward 1. If you voted at the Downtown Presbyterian Church you are in Ward 2. If you voted at the Methodist Church on Highway 76, you are in Ward 3. You can also look at a map of the City’s three wards online at www.bransonmo.gov. From our homepage, click on “GIS & Image Maps.”
All items, including brush, must be at the curb by 8 a.m. on the day of pick-up. Crews will not backtrack. Items not placed out for pickup by the deadline WILL NOT be picked up and will not be eligible for participation in this free city service. Property owners who miss the deadline must make separate arrangements on their own to have the materials picked up.
City crews WILL NOT pick up any garbage normally collected by private refuse haulers.
Limbs and brush do not need to be bundled but must be cut and stacked at the curb in manageable 4-6’ piles. No more than one dump truck load of limbs and brush will be hauled from any one residence.
City crews WILL NOT collect tires, batteries, bagged leaves or household hazardous waste products including paint, stain or cleaning supplies. Here is where those items can be disposed:
- TIRES: Taney County Transfer Station Call 336-6589
- HOUSEHOLD CHEMICALS: Accepted year round at Branson Recycle Center, located at 601 Compton Drive, in Branson. The center is open Monday thru Saturday from 7:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Taney County residents only. Call for an appointment 417-337-8566.
- BAGGED LEAVES: The nearest options to dispose of green waste are the Hansen’s Tree Service facilities in Reeds Spring and Ozark. Call Hansen’s at 417-272-8733 for information. Sunny Hills Garden Center in Kirbyville also accepts bagged leaves and other yard waste, year round. Call 417-339-4437 for information.
- ELECTRONICS: Four locations:
- Hollister Recycling: All used electronics, appliances, lead acid batteries
- Tantone Industries: All used electronics from homes or businesses. Small fee for TV & computer monitors with tubes, freezers or microwaves. 417-334-7447
- Computer Recycling of Springfield: All used electronics. Small fee for TVs with tubes. 417-866-2588.
For the pick-up of exceptionally heavy items such as sofas or large appliances, residents are asked to call 243-2725 at least 24 hours before their scheduled pick-up day. A separate truck will haul away these items.