The Ozark Junior High speech & debate team finished second in a nine school competition held on February 23rd.
Several students won individual categories and advanced to the finals of their entered events.
- Calista Garrison – finals original oratory and humorous poetry
- Samantha Paynter and Whitney Beckett – 3rd place in humorous duet acting
- Jenna Chrisp and Madelynn McConnell – 3rd place in dramatic duet acting
- Ciara Bennett and Elora Bevington – 1st place in dramatic duet acting
- Andrew Steer – 1st place in humorous interp; 1st place in humorous poetry
- Logan Hobson – finals in dramatic interp
- Emma Dodge – finals in dramatic interp
- Trisha Thornton – 1st place in dramatic poetry; 2nd place in prose; 3rd place in humorous poetry
- Megan Brewer – finals in prose
- Koble Schiffner – 3rd place in expository speaking; finals in extemporaneous speaking
- Caleb Hays – finals in expository speaking; 2nd place in extemporaneous speaking
- Mason Hoffman – finals in expository speaking