The Springfield Little Theatre is having a major crowdfunding campaign in February with a goal of raising $250,000 toward their $5 million capital campaign.
The fundraiser, called the Next Stage Crowdfunding Campaign, is taking place on GoFundMe’s “Crowdrise” platform.
The capital campaign by SLT is aimed at critical repairs to the historic Landers Theater along with the purchase and renovation of a building for the Theatre’s education department. Funds for the capital campaign began in late summer 2018 when SLT took a loan from Community Foundation of the Ozarks that allowed the repairs and education department relocation to begin.
Little Theatre said in a press release that as of February 1, the following projects have been completed:
- The facade of the Landers has been tuckpointed and cleaned.
- The sidewalk (now heated) and front steps into the lobby are brand new.
- Much-needed regrading of the sidewalk has been completed.
- The basement foundation has been restored after extreme water damage.
- The marquee boxes are beautifully revived.
- Gutter repair has been completed.
- Rehearsal studio weight support capabilities were strengthened.
- A lease has been signed for a designated education building with the intent to purchase.
“As we move forward with the important work of preserving The Landers Theatre, we realize that our story resonates with so many people,” Jeff Hammock, President, Springfield Little Theatre Board of Directors, stated in a press release. “Because of this, we are launching a crowdfunding campaign in February to help us continue our work. The Springfield Little Theatre has touched so many people through many generations and we want everyone to be able to have a role in insuring The Landers Theatre and Springfield Little Theatre are here for generations to come.”
Springfield Little Theater is in its 84th season. The Theatre has performances of “The Awesome 80s Prom” from February 14th through the 23rd and “Disney’s The Little Mermaid, Jr.” from March 21st through April 7th.