The filing window is now open for those who want to run for a position on the Springfield City Council.
Completed applications need to be filed with the City Clerk’s office between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. through Tuesday January 15th.
To be qualified to hold a Springfield City Council seat, you must:
- Be a registered voter in the City of Springfield
- Be a resident of the City of Springfield for at least two years prior to appointment
- Those running for Zone Council seats must have been a resident of the Zone they are running for for at least one year immediately prior to appointment
- Must not be disqualified under state law RsMO 115.306.1 (Felony Conviction)
- Must not be disqualified under state law RsMO 115.306.2(I) (Delinquent Taxes)
- Must have completed and filed Missouri Department of Revenue form 5120 per state law RsMO 115.306(2).
Along with the Mayor’s position, there are five other positions on the Council that will be up for election on April 2, 2019:
Zone 2 (currently held by Tom Prater)
Zone 3 (currently held by Mike Schilling)
Zone 4 (currently held by Matt Simpson)
General Seat C (currently held by Andrew Lear)
General Seat D (currently held by Richard Ollis)